- 2006 Founded
- 2007.02 Single 'Magic Prince' Release
- 2010.05 EP 'Groove Official' Release
- 2011.02 8th Korea Music Award The Best Dance/Electronic Song nominee
- 2013.01 1st album 'The Golden Age' Release
- 2014.02 11th Korea Music Award The Best Dance/Electronic Album nominee
- 2014.05 Singapore 'Music Matters'
- 2014.06 U.K. 'Glastonbury Festival'
- 2014.08 Japan 'Summer Sonic'
- 2014.10 MU:CON Producer Master Class- Won collaboration work with Tony Maserati
- 2015.05 Canada 'Canadian Music Week'
- 2015.10 US 'Culture Collide LA'
- 2015.10 US ' CMJ Music Marathon'
Inspired by Soul/ Funk music from the golden age of disco represented as Chic, Kool and the Gang and Jackson 5, Korean indie band ‘Sultan of the Disco’ plays to deliver vintage sound to modern listeners. The band was named after the song of Dire Straits “Sultan of Swing'. Members include Nahzam Sue(lead vocals), J.J Hassan(dance, performance), Ganji Kim(drums), G(bass), and Hong-gi(guitar).
It’s Nahzam’s priority to inherit the vintage disco sound directly from the 60s~70s soul and funk masters, while sexy, unique group dancing is purely on J.J. Hassan, who spent more than enough years on the dance floor. Through cool, yet fun costume that befits the visual, the band combines musical seriousness and entertainment altogether. The band released its first full album 'The Golden Age (2013)'. With the title clearly revealing ambition to inherit soul/funk masters, the album was an exceptional hit. It got nominated as Korea Music Award’s the best dance/electronic album and recorded highest sales abroad in Summer Sonic Festival in Japan, among 40 or more artists who played at the same zone.
Yet, Sultan of the Disco’s popularity most owed it to the band’s flaming performance. Whoever watches their show can’t help dancing with them. In Glastonbury festival, people in their zone danced along and repeated lyrics in unknown language. That resulted in very rare and enthusiastic calls of “One-more-song!”. For Grammy winning producer, Tony Maserati, he saw Sultan of the Disco playing at music market showcase and decided to work with them, right away.
Now, Sultan of the Disco is ready for next step with upcoming single 'SQ (We Don't Need No EQ IQ)' produced by Grammy-winning producer Tony Maserati. And they've proved their music appealed to global audience at Canadian Music Week and CMJ Music Marathon in 2015.
Vocal / Dance
Vocal / Dance